It's no secret that we're fans of HubSpot. We use their software for our own marketing, most of our clients are on the platform as well, and we live and breath the inbound marketing methodology that they popularized.
So it's no surprise that our team was prepping all year for HubSpot annual inbound marketing conference, called INBOUND. (Plus, it didn't hurt that we scored a couple of free tickets by putting on a badass blogging workshop here in Atlanta!).
We got back from the festivities this past weekend, but the excitement and energy from the conference is still coursing through our agency.
Along with amazing keynote speakers like Guy Kawasaki, Malcolm Gladwell, Simon Sinek and Martha Stewart, we attended workshops and lectures to learn new strategies, soak up new inbound knowledge, and rub shoulders with the best marketing minds in the industry.
So much valuable knowledge was tossed around that trying to put it all into one post would take me the rest of the year. So instead, I've gathered 23 of the most awesome marketing quotes from the memorable speeches and workshops at INBOUND 2014.
I encourage you to click each quote to tweet or share it individually, or click here to download an Excel sheet with all 23 quotes in it for mass sharing.
2. “SEO is not something you do anymore, it’s what happens when you do everything else right.” - Chad Pollitt
3. “The pace of change means that relationship is more important than ever before.” - Dave McLaughlin
4. “As good marketers, we like to tinker with things and make them better.” - Michael Freeman
5. “The key ingredient to a better content experience is relevance.” - Jason Miller
6. “Some of us sell to businesses, but we all market to people.” - Elle Woulfe
7. “Recruiting great marketers must be your #1 priority.” - Kipp Bodnar
8. “90% of the B2B purchase process happens before sales people get involved.” - David Donlan
9. “Customer delight is providing value to your customers by understanding their needs.” - Loree McDonald
10. “Influence is providing attention and value to others.” - Laura Fitton
11. “If you’re riding the bandwagon you can’t be steering it.” - John Bonini
12. “Be helpful. Go for concise. Have personality.” - Dan Moyle
13. “Marketing is now, as it has always been, an art form.” Paul Roetzer
14. “Content remarketing can make your site be a unicorn in a sea of donkeys.” - Larry Kim
15. “Modern sales feels more like a Doctor/Patient relationship than a Salesperson/Prospect relationship.” - Mark Roberge
16. “Your website is your greatest asset. More people view your webpages than anything else.” - Amanda Sibley
17. “When it comes to content, the best marketers know that self promotion is good!” - Kieran Flanagan
18. “Depending entirely on Google or SEO is dangerous.” - Danny Sullivan
19. “Content takes time. Dedicate at least one full-time employee to tackle it.” - Anum Hussain
20. “If your lead nurturing is effective, you’ll see more customers and revenue from the same top of the funnel marketing efforts.” - Ellie Mirman
21. “The modern marketer is: an experimenter, a lover of data, a content creator, a justifier of ROI.” - Kim Walsh
22. “You have to understand as a marketer that consumers are functioning in the age of efficiency.” Mitch Joel
23. “When you are writing keep asking yourself "so what" until you are sure what is in it for the customer.” Ann Handley
There you go! 23 awesome marketing quotes from some of the sharpest minds in the industry. Remember, you can download all 23 quotes for sharing them in bulk, just click here to download the Excel sheet.
And if being a kickass marketer is on your list of goals, then hop over to our Resources page and grab as many free ebooks, guides, templates and presentations as you want!ReneS via photopin cc