You're too cool for school: you've got yourself on Facebook, twittering away on Twitter, and have even signed up for Google+. You are the activity master when it comes to social media. But, you are still not seeing the numbers you want to with all of your efforts. What's going on with that? Wasn't that cat video cute enough? Before blaming your content or yourself, even social media marketing needs to be optimized for the Web.
Social Media Optimization, or SMO, is the art of using tools like RSS feeds, images, videos, and other wonderful things to bring in new views and potential customers to your social media platform. While you already have a base of loyal customers who already knew about your brand, it is always good to expand upon that and optimization helps boost that. And yes, SMO is similar to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which is another thing you should be keeping tabs on (ahem)!
How can you keep your SMO high? Well, there are a few answers:
Also, optimization should never be forced as that can lead to being penalized by search engines, especially big daddy Google. Keep it n
atural and never force your brand unto people--besides the Google thing, people don't much appreciate being told what to like and that they need to share something.
- Reward your followers. Make sure they feel an incentive to share your content--contests, discounts, giveaways, and other such things can help with that. Engagement should be fun, not a chore.
- As Danny Sullivan, a long-time expert on social media optimization, says: make bookmarking and tagging your content very easy. Also, always increase your linkability--it should always be an on-going task.
- Utilize images, videos, and the blogging community. Images and videos are always commonly shared more on social networks, and especially through the Blogosphere. Start snapping photos and making videos (or sharing ones you enjoy)! Look into Internet Video Marketing!
- Participate with the community. Show that you are a thought leader and have something interesting to say. People listen and like experts!
- Polling and rating tools can pull a double whammy: engaging people and it can also spark new content for you to use.
Don't have time for all of that? Or, is this a little bit over your head? Don't worry about it! That's why Internet Marketing SEO Services like 98toGo exist, to help you engage with your customers and not have to worry about all of this social media optimization jargon.
internet video marketing ,
Atlanta SEO company ,
Atlanta Search Engine Marketing ,
Internet marketing SEO services ,
Social Media Optimization ,
Social Media Optimization Services ,
Social Media Marketing Service