If you ever catch yourself saying "this is too good to be true". It probably is. Especially when it comes to internet marketing SEO services. Do you get bombarded by search SEO companies with outrageous email offers? Here are some:
- We'll get you to the top 10 of Google
- We will improve your site rankings in less than 30 days
- We promise 75% increase in traffic
- We will stop wars in the Middle East
These offers are easy to spot because there are spelling mistakes, promises that the links are quality links and the email is sent by one name like Kamal, Andriv, Kumar. Beware of these SEO offers. You know that internet marketing is not a quick fix tactic. Professional internet marketing SEO services that deliver results take 4-8 months at a minimum.
Get smart. Here's what not to do with your site while using internet marketing SEO services:
- Avoid sketchy SEO techniques. Sometimes called "Black Hat" methods - they include putting invisible text or often repeated keywords on a page. Another method is link schemes like placing hundreds/thousands of links on unrelated websites to get higher rankings.
- Targeting keywords not relevant to your business. You know your business. Not some SEO smarty.
- reciprocal links - (Trading links) don't work with businesses that agree to place a link to your site on theirs. Doing so with a few sites similar to yours can be a good strategy. But don't go overboard, especially with unrelated sites.
- Directories - promises to list your site in thousands of online directories will only get you bad quality links. Only a few directories are worthwhile - you'll recognize them by name.
Google itself says it best: “The best way to get other sites to create relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can quickly gain popularity in the Internet community.”