Writing blogs for your business is a must. It brings attention and customers. If any business doesn't want more attention or more customers - then stop reading now.
Fact: the more often businesses blog, the more likely they are to gain new customers. This is according to research. See for yourself in the latest State of Inbound Marketing Report.
Commitment = a pledge or undertaking, a dedication. Come on and take the commitment plunge and jump in with me: "I commit to blog a few times per week because I want to grow my business". Great, now consider this regarding your commitment. It's a little like a ham and eggs breakfast. You see, the chicken's involved but the pig's committed. Do you wish to be a chicken when it comes to writing blogs? Or, will you be committed (i.e. the pig)? New customer acquisition is riding on your decision.
Now, for some tips on blog writing from an inbound marketing agency:
- Set a goal. Understand why you are writing blogs. My goal is to attract 5 new clients this quarter through my website by using blogs as "business bait".
- Set a frequency. Most businesses average about 1 blog per week. Don't be average. Increasing your blogging frequency dramatically improves your acquisition chances.
- Use keywords. This will help focus the content of your blogs and will grow your keyword rankings and increase organic search traffic.
- Optimize all blogs. On-page optimizing means sticking to a SEO strategy such as including keywords in your blog title, the page title, and the URL of your blog.
- Build up your site. Adding blogs to your website adds pages. Each page will be indexed by Google. More indexed pages increases chances for ranking for terms related to your business (keyword terms). This is inbound marketing pure and simple.
- Make it readable. Engage your readers with interesting content that answers their queries or problems. Adding photos & images piques interest.
- Think outside the "text" box. Blogs which engage people are not just text only. Weave in video, pictures, cartoons, lists, graphs, and white space.
- Always provide a next step. Perhaps your blog is intended to give people answers or info. Encourage comments & dialog. Provide share buttons. Place a call-to-action which links to your services or products.
- Analyze. Set measurement systems in place to determine your blog's effectiveness. Pay attention. Track success. Learn and tweak past blogs.
- Get help. If you're too busy to blog consistently - then ask people you know well to refer you to a trusted authority.
Are you committed to your business growth? Blogging consistently generates more website visitors, more inbound links and inevitably higher organic search rankings. Your business growth depends on your actions today.