Face it. It's tough out there. But it doesn't have to be hard to find your business online. Here are some helpful tips from a local Internet Marketing Atlanta firm which will help your business get found.
"Everyone in their places please"
This is what my third grade teacher Mrs. Green would say after morning recess. She wanted everyone to take their places, in their seats. I was usually the last one to sit down. What I didn't know back then was that Mrs. Green was BRILLIANT. You see, there's free advertising for every business. It's called Google Places. As a legitimate business - you just simply have to claim it. I'm surprised at how many businesses haven't done so or have yet to really take advantage of this free local search listing.
Remember the good old Yellow Pages book? That WAS the way to find local businesses. Who uses Yellow Pages anymore? Well, maybe Mrs. Green still does. Move over Yellow Pages (at the very least we should recycle these printed relics!), everyone I know is searching online.
Most of us are using Google. Get your listing in Google Places. It doesn't take long. Google will either call your business phone land line or send a notification with a PIN code to your business address. Plug in the code. Bam! You're verified.
Thank you Mrs Green - everyone indeed should be in their Places. Get this... almost 97% of people nowadays search for local businesses online.
Showing up Powerfully Doesn't Cost Big Bucks
Almost any Atlanta marketing company will offer to boost your presence locally. However, most that I know will do so for a price. Sometimes it costs really big bucks. This steams me. So - to cool down I'm going to give you a few nifty tips for free. These 5 tips will help your business show up powerfully in local search (Google Places business listings, for example). In general, these tips hold true for other search engines like Bing, Yahoo and Yelp. Track how your business shows up in these listings for free with GetListed.org.
1. Use only 1 business address. Enter basic info and add a special description to help your business stand out. Don't forget your URL: Google uses info from your homepage to help improve search results.
2. Add photos. Smile. Your business shines in pictures.
3. Don't forget to add video. Remember Google bought YouTube for a reason.
4. Enter in your Categories. Google Places will suggest categories that match what you type, but feel free to create your own. Use categories that accurately describe your business. Don't try to fake out Google here.
5. Each Places page has a "Reviews by Google users" section. This is where you can respond to any user reviews. Do so nicely. Mrs. Green would also tell us: "If you have nothing nice or polite to say, then don't say a word".
Have your business show up powerfully online.