Here's a question that perhaps doesn't get asked as often as it should: Why are we blogging, anyway?
There are really several possible answers to this. Taking a look at Hubspot's 2012 State of Inbound Marketing report, here are a few of the top answers:
• Inbound leads are cheaper than outbound leads by more than 60%.
• Blogs are the cheapest way of bringing in new leads.
• More than half of companies report gaining at least one customer through their blog.
• It provides a soapbox to communicate your ideas to customers.
• Blogs create a forum for visitor interaction.
• Calls to Action paired with blogs drive visitors to become leads.
However, there's really a common element: communication. A blog, along with your other forms of content, is one of the single best ways of communicating with your customers.
Communication creates engagement, and engagement creates customers. So, if a blog is fundamentally a communication tool, don't you want it to communicate as well as it possibly can?
Looking To Article Writing Outsourcing
Maybe you have a communications specialist on staff, but odds are, you probably don't. If not, article writing outsourcing should start looking like a more attractive option.
For one thing, it doesn't have to add much to the cost of running your blog. In that same Hubspot report, only 10% of companies reported that leads generated by their blog cost more than the average lead. Given that more than two-thirds of businesses today outsource at least some of their content, that means it is absolutely possible to do it cheaply.
In fact, when working with freelancers, you can often get rates of 5c/word or less. That means you'd only be spending between $10-$20 for a standard article, and you don't get much cheaper than that.
Also, never underestimate the power of bringing in specialists.
Article Writing Outsourcing Is About Specialization
Writing good articles for the web today is very much a specialized field. It's much like web content copywriting, but with additional wrinkles, as well as requiring an in-depth knowledge of peoples' online behavior.
An outsourced article writing specialist can craft material for you which speaks directly to your target demographics, whoever they are. Further, an outsourced writer is also going to be extremely familiar with doing research. Even if you don't know the best ways to present your message to your customers, an outsourced service will know how to bring you together.
Article writing outsourcing can:
• Appeal to whatever markets you want to target, changing the copy and phrasing to speak to them in their own way.
• Produce more consistent blogs and ensure the quality of your content.
• Engage visitors and inspire them to interact with you via forums or social media.
• Integrate your SEO keywords invisibly, without being noticeable or annoying to visitors.
• Tie your blogs to your CTA copy, to enhance them both and create more leads.
• Create content that people want to share with their friends via social media.
You Don't Have To Go It Alone
Article writing services are for companies that want to enjoy the benefits of a productive blog, but lack the internal resources to accomplish their goals. It's a specialized service you can choose to purchase as needed, such as financial or legal advice.
Sure, you can do it all by yourself, but with content rates as low as they are, there's just no reason to. If you can create a more productive website that engages people and creates more sales, then paying a few dollars per blog is an investment that quickly pays for itself.
As we said above, blogs are about communication. Having better communicators writing your blog means it will be more effective. It's as simple as that.
What different ways have you experimented with for communicating with your customers? Which worked best?