We love video here at 98toGo. It's just such a great medium for marketing. People trust videos more than they trust any other format, and you can convey a lot more information in a short video than you can in the same time through any other means. Internet marketing video strategies should be one of the main tools in your own advertising efforts. So, here are some quick tips on how to get the most out of video.
Tips for Going Viral With Internet Marketing Videos
- Keep it short and snappy. It's a little sad to say, but Internet users have notoriously short attention spans. If your video is intended for a wide audience, it shouldn't be more than two minutes long. Anything longer than four to five minutes is right out unless it's aimed at folks with a legitimate interest in the subject.
- Low production values are OK. You're not producing a Michael Bay blockbuster. In fact, cleverly drawing attention to the low budget (obviously cardboard sets or fake animals, for example) can make you appear more authentic, and therefore more trustworthy. Lots of people on the Internet distrust overtly "slick" productions.
- Be funny. Yeah, this is easier said than done, but if you're trying to make your Internet video marketing go viral, it needs to make people laugh. Political advocacy videos are practically the only exception to this.
- Be current. Find a teenager and get them to tell you about the popular Internet memes and topics are this week. Ideas and trends have an incredibly short half-life online. To make a popular viral video, you need to have your finger on the proverbial pulse.
- Use an XML Sitemap. If you're embedding your videos on your website, make sure you have a Sitemap set up telling Google what videos you have and what keywords to associate with them. Along the same lines, make sure your metatags are all properly used as well.
- Encourage social media sharing. Make sure you have buttons on your site for sharing your video. Make your own social media posts, to ensure your followers see all of your Internet video marketing efforts.
- Youtube helps SEO. Make sure you have a Youtube account and that everything you post to it is properly tagged. Google tends to put videos at the top of search rankings.
Tying a video to a keyword without any other associated videos can be a shortcut to the very top of search engine results pages.
Video can be a great marketing tool all around, and if your video goes viral, it can create huge buzz and an influx of visits. So get out there and start filming!