"Web Soup". My favorite show on TV. It's a humorous look at web videos that have gone viral. I can't believe the stuff people put online!
When it comes to local web marketing... again, I can't believe the stuff put online! Just because your brother-in-law can build a website doesn't mean that you have to use him. Mixing family with business isn't always the best idea. Right?
Perhaps it's time to get serious. Remember, your online presence is something you can control. Your website is your virtual storefront. It is your constant internet marketing machine. This is true whether you sell widgets, service widgets, or make widgets. A website is your showcase advertising to the world.
As a marketer I think that it's time to treat your website like a valuable employee. It's time to train that employee to effectively bring traffic to your store, to engage these visitors, and turn these leads into paying customers. To help you gain that superstar employee called "your website" - I'm going to give you some simple tips you can leverage to beef up your online presence. If they are helpful to you then please share this blog with another friend who could use this.
7 Tips To Rock Your Local Business Internet Marketing Machine
- Seek professional help. Most business owners know their industry but not internet marketing. Avoid hiring that brother-in-law for cheap $. Seek out a trusted authority, an internet marketing expert.
- Train your hardest working employee. Your business website is a 24/7 employee who never takes holidays and doesn't need health care benefits. It does need supervised "training" to build its skill set and polish its presence.
- Throw the old out. In is in. Use inbound marketing techniques to attract qualified customers to you. Stop spending big $ on old-style outbound marketing: TV advertising, radio, billboards, yellow pages, & print ads.
- Consistently Create Content. Develop fresh content in the form of valued website material, blog articles that inform, and videos that engage. More = better. It is the essence of attracting and converting customers.
- Go for the big O. Optimize that content and your website. Search engines will find highly optimized content more easily and so will your customers.
- Experiment with your offerings. Try different things. See which promotions work best online. Don't be afraid to experiment and test new ideas.
- Make sure your website employee is effective by tracking everything. Inbound marketing is very trackable. Analyze all of your efforts. Sharpen the saw.
If you want to make sure your best employee helps grow your business - then use the tips above to turn your website into that lead-generating superstar. All it takes is $2-3 / hour of pay and your website employee can be that superstar.
To explore how your business can leverage your superstar employee who works 24/7 at generating more paying customers for only $2-3 hour, click on this action button.